Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Knitting Update

I got a comment from Amanda regarding my Gedifra Top Soft top that compels me to 'fess up and relate what happened the first time I tried to wear it. I was going to blog about this anyway after Friday when I see my daughter and let her try it on (honest), but it was, in a word, a disaster! I took it with me on my trip and wore it to breakfast one morning. By the end of breakfast it had stretched so much that my unmentionables were showing under my arms. I am very upset about this and am still trying to decide what to do. Do I rip it all out and start over? Uh, no. My daughter is bigger than me, so my plan is to let her try it and see if it will fit her better. Then I might make another one for myself because I do love it, but with smaller needles and to heck with gauge. Or maybe this yarn is just too stretchy and will cause trouble no matter how you knit it. Its softness may be its downfall. In that case, another yarn should be used. I browsed around my LYS yesterday, but didn't find anything as nice.

I also brought River with me and that was a big hit! It was the perfect thing to wear to the outdoor wedding as there was a strong breeze and it was threatening to rain and therefore a bit chilly. The color turned out to be just right, too. The bride had chosen turquoise and pink for her colors. My DIL loved it so much she has commissioned me to make a lace shawl for her, as well. The triangle shawl I started for my daughter is coming along nicely. I have finished the center triangle and have started on the edging. I bought a pair of Addi Turbos for this job just to try them out since everybody raves about them so much, but I think I am going to go back to my Options needles. They have a pointier point which makes doing things like K2 tog and K3 tog easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment