Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gedifra Top

What do you do when you finish a project and finally get to try it on for the first time, and then you decide you don't like it? I finished Gedifra 706 a couple of weeks ago but it is just sitting on my cedar chest right now while I decide what to do with it. It's OK, I guess, but it doesn't send me. It looks pretty much like the picture, but I don't like how it looks on me. I feel like the Jolly Green Giant wearing it. I think it's too long, too. I have an idea for shortening it on the side with the crocheted flowers. In fact, a closer look at their picture makes me think that they did the same thing. I think I need to widen the armholes a bit, too.

Progress on Gedifra 848 is coming along nicely, and I think I will love this one when it is done. The Top Soft yarn is so soft! I have finished the back and half of the front. Since there are no sleeves, I only need to do the turtle neck after that and it's done. I'm hoping it will be done for my trip back east in July.

I am on jury duty this week, but so far have not had to report to the courthouse. In CA, you are on call for one week and if you get called in, it's one day or one trial. Unfortunately, knitting needles are not allowed in the courthouse so if I do have to report, I won't get any knitting done and knitting helps to pass the time better than anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment