Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Respite

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've been in a funk about the financial crisis and have been following the dictum that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Many days I don't even turn the computer on so that I won't be tempted to check my stock prices again. Suffice it to say, it has been brutal.

But last Friday, my daughter and I took Toddler C. to the local pumpkin patch and had a great time there. He busied himself moving the pumpkins, the ones he could lift, from here to there and just looking at his cherubic face reminded me of the really important things in life.


Other things I have been doing to stay calm include knitting, of course. I have made good but not outstanding progress on the Maltese Shawl. I am on Repeat No. 61 out of 75 (yay!) and am wondering just how long this thing is going to be! And there is still a wide border to be added on all around the edge. Blocking it will be a problem because I am not sure I have the space to stretch it all the way out. Maybe I can do it by halves. There are some mistakes in there but I defy anyone to find them. When I give it to my DIL she can spend the rest of her life looking for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment