Monday, January 15, 2007

A Gorgeous Day


We had a frost this morning! That is a very rare event in my neck of the woods. But yesterday was a glorious day for the christening of my grandson, even though it was a bit nippy. The church overlooks the Pacific and Catalina Island was in clear view. One consequence of the cold weather we have been having is that the air quality is good for everyone in the Los Angeles basin.

My grandson behaved himself pretty well but fussed a lot while we were dressing and undressing him in a christening layout that had been crocheted by my mother a long time ago, way before he was born. My mother was an expert at lace crochet and at one time was making layouts for all the new babies in the family. I told her that I would like to have one also, and she replied, "What for? All your children are grown up already." So I said, "Yes, but I'll have grandchildren someday."

My son wanted to know if I was going to cut off everyone's head in the photos I post to this blog. So here's grandma in her Gedifra sweater, and Baby C. in his great-grandmother's layout in all their glory. Those ribbons tasted mighty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment